Saturday, October 16, 2010

WEEK FOUR

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I'm still in New Zealand. And it's still fantastically amazing. And you should still be jealous. I'm writing to you at the end of week four of school here at The Crossing. So far, it's been great. This week we went though the Progress of Redemption, which is a general overview of the bible. It was a really cool reminder of how interconnected the bible is and what an amazing story it tells. This week, I've bought tim tams, played tennis, broke two bikes, stuck half an oreo on my head, slept in and almost missed breakfast(yesterday), have thoroughly enjoyed spreading marmite on one piece of toast each morning, and of course drank lots of tea. I've come to realize that tim tams are dangerously addictive. I'll open a package, and they be gone the next day. It's ridiculous. Because of this, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I can no longer purchase tim tams, unless it is an incredibly special occasion. A few days ago, a couple of us decided to bike to some tennis courts a distance away from the school. We started out on our journey quite well. Then, a few metres out of the driveway, my bike suddenly stopped working. The gears wouldn't turn the wheel. So, we stopped for a while, tried to figure out the problem, and after a few tries Chris(who's definitely lighter than I am) hopped on the bike and took off. So, we continued on our journey. A few minutes later, I was biking along, happy as could be, and the chain on the bike I was on literally fell off. Fortunately, we had a bungee cord and was able to tow it there and back with another bike. It was quite the experience. The oreo game is quite excruciating. I'll teach you sometime. Marmite is simply scrumptious. It's really difficult to describe, but if you ever get the chance to try it out, spread butter on your toast, then thinly spread marmite across the top. Nothing like it. Well, that's my short update for the week, if you want to know more, you'll simply have to ask.

2 comments:

  1. See If You Can Get some Vegemite, It's Just as Good!! Also Maybe You Could Send me Some Tim-Tams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I'm gonna have to disagree with you Zack...that stuff is straight up nasty!

    ReplyDelete