Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Land of the Ports

I've been flying all day since eight this morning, went through juneau, sitka, ketchikan, seattle, and now I'm here in portland waiting for my flight to San Francisco. I may have to wear a flower in my hair. Truth be told, I don't think I'm even halfway to NZ. Still got the flight over the pacific to go. A few interesting things: Airports are somewhat like the perfect business model. Trap customers in a large open area with nothing to do. Make sure they're bored, dehydrated, and hungry. Don't let them out. Threaten inconvenience if they do have to leave. Make available to them food, water, and mindless things to do and ridiculous things to purchase. Charge five times the normal price for these items. Make tons of money. Also, I believe a flight attendent on my flight to seattle had some sort of UK accent. Twas pretty sweet. I'm hungry. Time to pay through the nose for a measly scrap of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment