Sunday, September 19, 2010

Well, hello.


For those of you who are curious, I slept quite well last night, due to the fact that I was able to sleep in an actual bed. That's right, no more airport floors and corners for me, I reposed quite comfortably with sheets, a blanket, and an actual pillow! It was quite fantastic. When I first got to the hostel, I was the only one in my dorm, but that afternoon two guys from the UK showed up. Later last night a guy from Spain or somewhere showed up, and this morning a guy from France arrived. They're all pretty cool, fairly chill. The guys from the UK dubbed me "Jay-Jay". Cool beans. I talk to them most, just as we go in and out of the dorm. Nobody's sketch, so I'm confident my bags won't be rifled. If anyone's considering traveling, hostels are the way to go. As I've already written, I'm staying at the Coachman, which is a hostel here in Christchurch. It's located in a very cool section of town, which I believe is the "City Centre". Yep. Tonight is my last night here in Christchurch, because tomorrow morning I depart for Geraldine on a naked bus. Don't worry. It's just a company. It's a normal bus. Yesterday and today I've been walking around Christchurch, on streets with names such as Glouchester, Hereford, Liverpool, and Cashel. I haven't gotten too lost. Only once or twice. You may have seen the pictures on facebook of my various adventures. There's some really cool stuff here. Statues, old buildings, lots of touristy shops, a huge flipping cathedral. Because of the earthquake, there's quite a bit of construction going on, which is too bad. Some sections of the area have been shut down for renovations and repairs and such. But I've mostly just wandered the streets, gone into various shops. It's been fun. Next time I travel, I definitely would like to be with friends though. The excitement of being away fromfamily, alone and confident in the world, wears off after you realize there's no one to be excited with. I'm still having a blast, though, wouldn't trade this time for anything. Also: I used a phonebooth today, called home, talked to my mom. That was really good. Glad we could talk, even if it was like a $40 conversation. Twas worth it. (Don't worry, mom, that's NZD, so its really like a quarter. Basically.) I've been skyping and chatting with my friends and family all during my time here and my travels here. Glad to have the contact. Don't be afraid to message me or chat or whatever. I'd love to talk. Well, tomorrow I'm off to school. A few of my classmates will be on the bus to Geraldine tomorrow, so that should be good. Can't wait to rock the party at The Crossing. Kinder egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment